Gnats in bathroom are kinds of insect; their size is about 1⁄6 to 1⁄8 inch, and their life cycle is around three weeks. Gnats exist in the bathroom because they love to live in damp, moist areas such as in the bathroom. Mostly, they leave their larvae in the floor drains, sink or even the toilet. Of course, the existence of the gnats is very disturbing. If you would like to get rid of them, you need to read this passage below.
Ways to get rid of gnats in bathroom
If you are about to get rid of gnats in the bathroom, you may follow these ways of throwing away the gnats below.
- A gnat trap. The most convenient and easiest way to get rid of the gnats is by buying the qualified gnat trap. There are many kinds of gnat traps you will be able to find at the market, but the Gnat Stix is the highly recommended by people since this trap is very useful to catch gnats. Gnat Stix is designed specifically to trap the gnat after the moment they appear from the soil. By having a Gnat Stix, you do not need to use the pesticide anymore.
- Vinegar trap. If you are going to use this method, you need to prepare some apple cider vinegar, dish soap, sugar, a container, and water. Mix 1 liter of water, one tablespoon of sugar, a few drops of soap, and two tablespoons of vinegar in a container. After mixing the materials, place the container in the bathroom area where you find many gnats. This trap will surely work since all insects including the gnats are attracted to the smell of cider vinegar then when they touch the liquid; they will die because the liquid contains the soap.
- Bleach. Often, gnats are breeding deep within the drainage system. This has to be horrible to see them breeding. For overcoming such a problem, you need to pour bleach into the sink. If you use this method, you would better not to pour the bleach into the sink directly. You have to dilute the bleach a bit with the small amount of water first. It is possible to use ammonia instead of the bleach, too. Do not forget to wear the mouth and eye protection before doing the action of pouring the liquid.
Preventing gnats in bathroom
If you have been already successful in getting rid of the gnats in the bathroom, you need to prevent them from coming again. Here are ways of preventing the gnats.
- Dirty clothes. Make sure there are not any dirty clothes lying around in the sink. Get in the habit of washing your clothes straight after you are done with wearing them.
- The trash bag. If you put the trash bag inside of the bathroom, you need to throw the garbage away regularly. It is essential to cover the trash bag to keep the odor contained. You can include the trash bag using the newspaper or something similar with.
- Damp areas. Look around your bathroom; get rid the unnecessary damp area because the gnats are attracted to the damp places so that you have to do your best to keep the area dried as possible. You may build the ventilation and install the fan if they are needed.
Finally, gnats in bathroom will not appear if you do the ways to get rid this insect that has been explained; do not forget to do such a preventing thing, too so that the gnats may not be back.